the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Big Kickers on Campus, 2010 week 14

A summary of notable kicking during the fourteenth week of the 2010 college football season:

While junior kicker Alex Zendejas' two PATs that were blocked for the losing side received most of the attention, senior kicker Thomas Weber hit five field goals (52, 36, 38, 40 & 40 yards) for the winning side in Arizona State's 30-29 overtime win over Arizona.
"It feels great. I don’t think there are words to describe it. You can’t change the past, but it definitely helped me grow all season and it definitely helped me prepare for this moment. It was great to be able to give back to them and kind of repay them in some and be accountable, like I said. I couldn’t ask for any better teammates or coaches....
It's obviously disappointing that we will not be playing in a bowl game. That being said, the win last night over Arizona in Tucson was as exciting as any game I have ever been a part of, and being able to say that my last game at ASU brought the Territorial Cup back to Tempe is something I will never forget."
Junior kicker Dave Teggart hit a 52 yard FG with 17 seconds remaining to give Connecticut a 19-16 win over South Florida and their first ever BCS berth.
"You dream about those situations all the time as a kicker. We kickers don't get on the field that much, so you want to make the most of your opportunities when you're out there and that's what I tried to do."
Junior kicker Jimmy Stevens' 27 yard FG with 8:28 remaining gave Oklahoma the Big 12 championship with a 23-20 win over Nebraska.
"It’s nice to know the coaches have a lot of confidence in me. It’s also nice to know all the guys in the locker room have a lot of confidence in me. They were happy for me, proud of me. Happy I was making all my kicks."
If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment