the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Big Kickers on Campus: D-II Does it Right

Many football games go astray - with people running, throwing, blocking, hitting, tackling, and other non-kicking activities. But this year's NCAA Division II Championship game got it right in the end - with the kickers taking center stage.

Trailing by three in the fourth quarter, Delta State kicker Matt Snyder hit a 27 yard field goal with 2:22 remaining to tie the game.

Minnesota-Duluth kicker David Nadeau got his opportunity on the final play of the game... 
He hit a 32 yarder to give the Bulldogs a 20-17 win and the championship.
"When it came off my foot I knew it was going to be close. It wasn’t my best kick that I’ve ever hit in my life by any means. But I saw it going up, and I knew it was going in from the time I saw it going in the air. So I just turned around and ran pretty much."

No comments:

Post a Comment