the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Newest Fad: Become a Dad, Kick Three Field Goals

A busy week for two NFL kickers culminated Friday evening with three field goals apiece. In Jacksonville's 15-13 win over Atlanta, Josh Scobee made field goals of 26, 54 and 28 yards. In Washington's 16-3 win over Indianapolis, Graham Gano made field goals of 28, 27 & 26 yards. While kicking success and a team victory is all well and good, the big news for both players occurred earlier in the week.

On Monday, Josh Scobee's wife gave birth to their first child, Jacob Scobee. Following the game, Josh tweeted:
"My first game as a Daddy was a good one! I had some extra incentive out there tonight! Now I'm holding my son while he sleeps!"
On Wednesday, Graham Gano's wife gave birth to Bryson Clark Gano. Following the game, Graham commented:
“He was definitely on my mind, him and my wife, while I was out there. But at the same time, I’m fully focused on kicking the ball.”
Foremost, congratulations to the Scobees and the Ganos. Secondarily, this raises an intriguing question: is becoming a dad and then kicking three field goals just a fleeting fad, or is it the start of an emerging long term trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment