the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 3

A summary of notable kicking during the third week of the 2011 college football season:

Senior kicker Logan Mitseff hit a 45 yard field goal as time expired to give Adrian a 17-14 win over Augustana (IL).

Junior kicker Drew Alleman hit four fields goals (21, 42, 41 & 29 yards) in LSU's 19-6 win over Mississippi State.
"There's pressure, but as a kicker, you have to block that out. Just going out there and doing my job for the team is what I'm here to do."
Freshman kicker Spencer Hotaling made a 19 yard field goal with one second remaining to give Susquehanna a 20-18 win over Dickinson.
"I could see [the University president] out there setting up behind the [goal posts]. I thought if he has that kind of confidence in me, I'm just going to kick it right to him."
Junior kicker Drake Nahrwold's 27 yard field goal with 6.23 left in the fourth quarter proved to be the game winner in LaGrange's 13-10 win over Maryville (TN).

Senior kicker Blair Walsh hit a 56 yard field goal during Georgia's 59-0 shutout of Coastal Carolina.
"I was just thinking I had to hit it, give it a ride and at least get it there."
Freshman kicker Blake Penix 32 yard field goal with 4:26 remaining gave The Apprentice School a 9-7 win over Greensboro College.

Sophomore kicker Cameron Starke hit a 40 yard field goal as time expired to give James Madison a 27-24 win over Liberty.
"As I was lining up, all I was thinking about was that we do this every single day in practice. I knew [long snapper Chris] Beaver was going to do his job, so I had to do my job. I had to just put my head down and follow through."
Junior kicker Caleb Sturgis made four field goals (28, 30, 46 & 42 yards) in Florida's 33-23 win over Tennessee.
"I'm just hitting the ball pretty good right now. It's as good as I've felt since 2009. Obviously, that one off the crossbar you want to clean up that a little bit."
Sophomore kicker Drake Kuhn hit a 28 yard field goal with 5:28 remaining to give William & Mary a 13-10 win over New Haven.

Junior kicker Daniel Anderson made a 43 yard field goal with 3:15 remaining to give Valdosta State a 30-27 win over Albany State.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment