the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 4

A summary of notable kicking during the fourth week of the 2011 college football season:

Senior kicker Jason Cunningham hit five field goals (55, 55, 32, 32 & 43 yards) in Montana State's 36-21 win over Eastern Washington.
"The adrenaline was rushing through my veins, and honestly, I'm just to the point where I'm having fun. If we are winning, I'm having fun. There's not pressure on me with those long field goals. It's big, it's huge, I can't even describe what this win is like to come in here and win on the red turf. Anything I can do to help the team win is what I'm here for."
Freshman DB/kicker Cesar Vaca-Hurtado hit a 34 yard field goal with seven seconds remaining to give American International a 37-34 win over Stonehill College.

Senior kicker Derek Dimke's 21 yard field goal with 8:14 remaining proved to be the game winner in Illinois' 23-20 win over Western Michigan.
"That's part of the process of the field goal unit doing its job. Everyone was blocking real well. (Zak) Pedersen was giving great snaps. Tim (Russell) was holding great. They made my job easier."
Freshman kicker Hillman Tabi hit a 26 yard field goal to give Livingstone a 24-21 overtime win over Lynchburg and to end a 28 game losing streak.

Freshman kicker Chris Rogers hit a 22 yard field goal with 1:00 left in the game to give Sacred Heart a 24-21 win over Dartmouth.

Sophomore kicker Ross Krautman's 28 yard field goal, his fourth of the game, gave Syracuse a 33-30 win over Toledo in overtime.
"I just have to forget about every kick [an earlier missed PAT]. Whether you make it or miss it, I have to go on to the next kick. When you start thinking about the one before, you're going to miss them in the long run."
Junior kicker Adam Shreiner made a 33 yard overtime field goal, his fourth of the game, to give Elon and 18-15 victory over Citadel in overtime.
"That was my best kick of the day. No doubt. Right down the middle."
Sophomore kicker Brian Davis kicked six field goals (24, 32, 33, 34, 21 & 33 yards) in Arkansas State's 53-24 win over Central Arkansas.
"It was just kind of clicking. Today I just kind of knew it was my day. I thought the snapping was great."
Sophomore kicker Jackson MacLachlan hit a 27-yard field goal with 50 seconds remaining to give Southern Illinois a 20-18 victory over Missouri State.

Senior kicker Logan Mitseff made a 37 yard field goal with 3:27 remaining to give Adrian a 19-17 win over Concordia (IL).

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment