the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 5

A summary of notable kicking during the fifth week of the 2011 college football season:

Junior kicker Anthony Cantele made a 31 yard field goal with 3:10 remaining to give Kansas State a 36-35 win over Baylor.
“In four years of high school, I never once had one where our team needed it right then and there. It’s my first time, so it’s pretty exciting.... Honestly, it’s one of those things where you have to do the same thing over and over. On the hold, I think I got a little excited and went a little fast, faster than what we wanted. But it went in. That’s all I care about.... We just beat the No. 15 team in the country with the No. 1 player in the country on their team. Honestly, we’re a Top-20 team, easily.”
Junior kicker Edgar Osols hit a 45 yard field goal with 23 seconds left in the game to give UMass Dartmouth a 31-29 victory over MIT.

Senior kicker David Lang hit a 35 yard field goal with 1:31 remaining to give Butler a 29-27 win over Dayton.

Senior kicker Gregg Berkshire hit his second second field goal of the fourth quarter, a 22 yarder with 1:29 remaining, to give Ashland a 6-3 win over Northwood (MI).

Senior kicker Adam Henry made a 22 yard field goal as time expired to lift Union to a 34-31 football victory over Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Sophomore kicker Anthony Kassab hit 33 a yard field goal with 1:12 remaining to give Millersville a 10-7 win over Cheyney.

Sophomore kicker Justin Huinker made an 18 yard field goal with one second remaining to give UW-La Crosse a 31-28 victory over UW-Stevens Point.
""It feels great. The coaches believed in me, the whole team believed in me and I had to believe in myself. It was amazing."
Junior kicker Chase McCoy hit a 26 yard field goal with three seconds left in the game to give Pittsburgh State a 38-35 win against Northwest Missouri State.

Junior kicker Bryan Visingardi made a 41 yard field goal in overtime to give Geneva College a 23-20 win against St. Vincent.

Senior kicker Austin Turner hit a 34 yard field goal in overtime to give Fayetteville State a 31-28 win against St. Augustine's.
"I have to give my snapper and holder a lot of credit. They play offense and defense each, the whole game, and then they have to make the play for me. I can't say enough about them."
Junior kicker Brett Baer hit a 26-yard field goal on the final play to lift Louisiana-Lafayette to a 37-34 victory over Florida Atlantic. He also kicked field goals of 47 and 46 yards.

Junior kicker Stephen Stansell made a 35 yard field goal with 11 seconds remaining to give Austin Peay a 37-34 win over Tennessee State.

Although he missed three field goal attempts, senior kicker San San Te also made four field goals, including a 47 yarder in overtime to give Rutgers a 19-16 win over Syracuse.
"Just like a quarterback, you have to have a short memory. I don’t want a miss affecting my kicks coming up. I just focused on my technique and did what I had to do, I guess."
Junior kicker Colton Rainey kicked a pair of 21 yard field goals in the final two minutes to lift Southwestern Oklahoma State to a 23-20 victory over Southeastern Oklahoma State.

Freshman kicker Austin Brettschneider hit a 37 yard field goal with one second remaining to give Millikin a 30-27 victory over Augustana College.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophomore kicker Dan Fisher (Bloomsburg University) kicked 4 field goals against East Stroudsburg University to give him a career total of 31, breaking the Bloomsburg University career feild goal record of 29, formerly shared by 3 kickers.

Post a Comment