the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 9

A summary of notable kicking during the ninth week of the 2011 college football season:

Sophomore kicker Zeb Miller kicked a 54 yard field goal with 1:52 left to lift North Dakota to a 27-25 victory over Northern Colorado.
“Two or three different coaches came over to me and were like, ‘Hey, we’re going to put you in position, you’ve got to forget about those two [missed] kicks and hit it between the pipes because we’re going to need a game-winner.’ They had complete confidence in me and put me out there, and I did what they expected me to do.
I got a great snap and a great hold from my snapper and holder. The line blocked great, and I’ve got to have all those parts before it even gets to me. And then after I hit it, I heard a sound, so I imagine it maybe got tipped a little bit, so I was a little worried after that, but it somehow found its way in the pipes, and I was very, very excited.”
Junior kicker Jack Griffin hit a 20 yard field goal with 3:31 remaining in regulation to tie the game and the made a 22 yarder in overtime to give Florida International a 23-20 win over Troy.

Sophomore kicker Patton Chambers’ field goal with 14:54 left in the game gave Miles a 9-7 win over Stillman.

Junior kicker Carlos Lopez hits a 25 yard field goal as time expired to give Carson-Newman College a 27-24 win over Brevard.
"I knew that it was so close, I was getting mentally ready. During halftime I talked to Coach [Sparks] and I said I think this game is going to come down to a field goal and I'm ready."
Sophomore kicker James Langford made a 39 yard field goal with 36 seconds remaining to give Cal Poly a 27-24 win over South Dakota.

Freshman kicker Sean Ianno's 32 yard field goal in overtime gave University of Texas at San Antonio a 17-14 victory against Georgia State.

Freshman kicker Jesse Roy hit a 24 yard field goal in overtime to give Western Kentucky a 31-28 win over Louisiana-Monroe.
"It feels great to contribute to everything. I really just tried to keep my head straight. Once it left my foot it felt great, but I got to give credit to my line for giving me the time."
Senior kicker Kenton Chun hit a 35 yard field goal with 32 seconds left to give Hawaii a 16-14 win Idaho.

Junior kicker Johnny Garcia made a 47 yard field goal with 1:47 left in the game to give Hastings a 19-17 win over Doane.

Sophomore kicker Zach Hocker hit a 42 yard field goal with 6:53 remaining to give Arkansas a 31-28 win over Vanderbilt.
"I really thank Coach for having the confidence in me. I hope to get the shot at these 50-yarders an fortunately enough we did today and fortunately it went through for us. It was an awesome win."
Sophomore kicker Jarod Brown's 25 yard field goal with 12:14 remaining proved to be the game winner in Old Dominion's 23-20 victory over James Madison.

Freshman kicker Robert Sinegra hit a 23 yard field goal with 4:09 remaining to lift William Paterson to a 17-15 win over Morrisville State.

Senior kicker Andrew Rogowski made a 34 yard field goal as time expired to give Ithaca a 13-10 win over Frostburg State.

Freshman kicker Morgan Porter hit a 24 yard field goal as time expired to lift Saint Vincent to a 17-14 win over Waynesburg.

Junior kicker Max Martin made a 22 yard field goal in overtime, giving Wayne State a 44-41 triumph over Upper Iowa.

Sophomore kicker Alexander Norocea provided all the scoring (field goals of 39 & 42 yards) in Brown's 6-0 win over Penn.

Senior placekicker Daniel Vasil provided all the scoring (field goals of 33 & 29 yards) in Case Western Reserve's 6-0 win over Chicago.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment