the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 11

A summary of notable kicking during the eleventh week of the 2011 college football season:

Sophomore kicker Chandler Cantanzaro hit a 43 yard field goal as time expired to give Clemson a 31-28 victory over Wake Forest.
"I said it all offseason: There were a lot of people that doubted me, maybe. But I always had a strong belief in myself and my teammates, and my coaches did. I just used last season as a learning experience. I had some adversity, but I rose above it. I worked so hard in the off- season to get an opportunity like this again, and I'm just so glad it came to me. And for the division (title), that's pretty cool....
[Morten Andersen] said that whenever he was iced, he just used it as a positive. I just took some dry swings and just got ready to trust it, and that's what I did."
Senior kicker Marcus Williams made a 20 yard field goal with 57 seconds left in the game to give Wartburg a 24-21 win over Luther.

Sophomore kicker Patton Chambers hit a 29 yard field goal with nine seconds left to give Miles a 20-17 victory over Albany State.
"I was hoping we got closer because I don’t like taking those 40-yard kicks under pressure. After David made that run, I knew that was destiny."
Senior kicker Abelardo Perez made a 37 yard field goal with 5:49 remaining to give San Diego State an 18-15 win over Colorado State.

Sophomore kicker Eric Eberle hit a 34 yard field goal as time expired to give Washington & Jefferson a 24-21 victory over Waynesburg.

Junior kicker David Brown's 30 yard field goal with 2:49 remaining in the third quarter prove to be the game winner as Youngstown State beat North Dakota State 27-24.

Junior kicker Felipe Alfaia's fourth field goal of the game, a 35 yarder as time expired, gave Northern State a 39-36 win over the University of Mary.
"I was a little nervous, but then Coach (Tom) Dosch told me a couple of jokes so I wouldn't get nervous when I went out there. I went through my steps and kicked the ball and got lucky and made it.... It was great. It was the best feeling in the world."
Freshman kicker Eddie Camara hit a 19 yard field goal with 1:02 left in the game to give Central Arkansas a 23-22 win over Texas State.

Junior kicker Scott Andrews made an 18 yard field goal with two seconds left to lift Juniata 17-16 over Susquehanna.

Senior kicker Danny Hrapmann made five field goals (28, 22, 44, 46 & 48 yards) in Southern Miss's 30-29 victory over Central Florida.
"It was a good game, but I guess because it was close it didn't feel like a good game. I don't feel like I had a great night on kickoffs. That's part of my job and I feel like I had a poor night of doing that. I feel like I didn't have a great night."
Sophomore kicker Drew Stewart hit a school-record six field goals (44, 32, 29, 21, 27 & 24 yards) in Appalachian State's 46-14 win over Western Carolina.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

1 comment:

Mike Herman said...

Adrian College senior kicker Logan Mitseff made three field goals including a 41 yarder, and an extra point for a total of 10 points in a 16-0 win over Alma.

Post a Comment