the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Big Kickers on Campus, 2011 week 13

A summary of notable kicking during the thirteenth week of the 2011 college football season:

Senior kicker Justin Tucker hit a 40 yard field goal as time expired to give Texas a 27-25 win over Texas A&M.
"[My dad] would tell me a game situation. 'OK, three seconds left, no timeouts, it's going to be a 40-yarder to beat A&M.' We would visualize every school in the Big 12, every big bowl game, so when I have an opportunity like I had [Thursday night], I would be prepared to do exactly what I did a thousand times before. Just knock it down the middle....
My feet were kind of shaking. I felt like the ground might have been moving a little bit because it was pretty loud."What more could you ask for in a college football game? A fierce rivalry that comes down to the final play."
Sophomore kicker Cameron Starke hit a 35 yard field goal as time expired to give James Madison a 20-17 win over Eastern Kentucky.
"The only thing I do when the wind is in my face is I really make sure I don't get as much height on the ball. Especially in a wind like that, I just make sure ... I get a really solid hit."
Freshman kicker Michael Hunnicutt made four field goals (20, 28, 37 & 21 yards) in Oklahoma's 26-6 win over Iowa State.

Senior kicker Giorgio Tavecchio made four field goals (48, 27, 19 & 30 yards) in California's 47-38 win over Arizona State.
"God knows how I got to Cal and God knows where I will go in the future, but one thing is for certain- my time here has been incredible. From the times of struggle, whether it was on or off the field to the times of success, I cannot believe the experiences that I have been a part of. For this, I have to thank the Cal football program for giving me this unbelievable opportunity, thank my teammates for making it so memorable and thank my family and friends for sticking with me through it all. "Tanto, se tutto va bene siamo rovinati!" I truly lived the dream...God Bless and Go Bears!"
If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment