the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bowling for Kickers 2011, part 1

R+L Carriers 
New Orleans Bowl
Junior kicker Brett Baer made a 50 yard field goal as time expired to give Louisiana-Lafayette a 32-30 win over San Diego State.
"I was on the sidelines with 35 seconds left and I'm kind of down on myself because I'm thinking about those two extra points [missed earlier in the game]. My holder Brady Thomas came up to me and said 'Man, you've done this before.' I had all the confidence in Blaine and the guys to get me a chance. I couldn't be more happier."
Little Caesars Bowl
Senior kicker Carson Wiggs hit three field goals (49, 19 & 26 yards) in Purdue's 37-32 win over Western Michigan. The Boilermaker's also were successful on two onside kickoffs, the second of which Wiggs recovered himself.
"The first one was a big-time miss-hit, it was supposed to be high up in the air. I haven’t hit one that bad since I’ve been doing it, but sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. We said we were going to do it again to them if it worked. It ended up working a little better....
They didn't change their lineup, so we did it again... Any time I can do something besides make a field goal or kickoff or something, it's always fun."
Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas
Senior kicker Randy Bullock hit four field goals (24, 40, 47 & 31 yards) in Texas A&M's 33-22 win over Northwestern.

With his first field goal midway through the first quarter, kicker Randy Bullock broke Texas A&M's single-season scoring record set back in 1927. The Lou Groza Award winner surpassed Joel Hunt's record of 128 points and finished the season with 139 points after making three field goals and three extra points on Saturday.
to be continued... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment