the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, January 23, 2012

Seven Angles of Lawrence Tynes' Kick


A little over half way through overtime, Lawrence Tynes made a 31 yard field goal. It gave the Giants a 20-17 win over the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game and set up a Super Bowl rematch with the Patriots. Afterward, he discussed various aspects of the kick.

"It's my second NFC Championship Game, my second game-winner. It's amazing. I had dreams about this last night. It was from 42, not 31, but I was so nervous today before the game just anticipating this kind of game. I'm usually pretty cool, but there was something about tonight where I knew I was going to have to make a kick. Hats off to Eli, offense, defense. Great win."
“It was just a dream, a typical kicker dream. I was a little more full of anxiety today, I’m usually not that nervous before a game. I think a lot of it had to do with conditions. Who knows why I dreamed last night that I would kick a game-winner?”
"The weather was terrible, the balls were wet, the balls were full of grass. It was tough sledding out there. The moisture, the footing was tough, the balls were really slick."
“I just have a routine, man, three steps back, two steps over, keep my head down. It’s the same thing everywhere. I could do it in the parking lot, I do it in my room all night, it’s just a little different with the people in the stands.”
“That’s the best part, man, to celebrate with these guys that are out there busting their butts for 60 minutes. Listen, we play a small fraction of the game, these guys are out there getting their teeth busted in for 60 minutes, and the joy I feel I share with them.”
“We exorcised some demons from the Giants from the 2002 postseason game, so I’ll be happy to call Matt [Allen] because he’s a good friend of mine and he was involved in that play. Me and Matt played college ball together, I thought about him today before we played so, you know, we exorcised some demons tonight so that was cool.”
“I’ve got to take the kids to school at 7 a.m., I’m not sure if I will sleep tonight.”

1 comment:

Barbara D.Diaz said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
Petzl Vizir Eye Protection for Vertex and Alveo Helmets

Post a Comment