the study of the kicking components within sports

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Watched Kickers Are Getting Ready

Is there anything in particular you've been working on in preparation for the upcoming season? 

We posed that question to collegiate Kickers on the Lou Groza Award preseason watch list that was released last week. 

Maikon Bonani, South Florida
"This summer I have been working on being a great all around kicker, working on all the fundamentals of kicking. Really taking the time to analyze my steps, follow through, aiming points and also, the mind game. My goal is to be so fundamentally sound that every kick and every moment is exactly the same. Trying to do as much as I can to help my team succeed this upcoming season!"
Cody Parkey, Auburn
"I have been working on my accuracy kicking field goals the most."
Ty Long, UAB
"I've been keeping the same focus I had on last season going into this one. I work on seeing how many field goals in a row I can make so I can compete with my self to try to make more each time I go out and kick. I have also been working on my kick offs direction, hang time, and being more consistent with all my kicks."
Jimmy Newman, Wake Forest
"This preseason I have really been hitting all three phases of my game especially hard. On the field, physical, and mental training have been where I have spent most of my hours this summer in order to help our team as best I can this season. And I think the rest the pieces will fall into place as long as I put the work in and trust the process."

No comments:

Post a Comment