the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 4

A summary of notable kicking during the fourth week of the 2012 college football season:

Senior kicker David Harman made a 47 yard field goal with three seconds remaining to lift Central Michigan 32-31 over Iowa. It was his fourth field goal of the game. 
I didn’t hit it perfectly. I caught if fat so it came off a little low. But I know for me that that distance, I should get it there pretty much every time.... I mean it’s definitely something I’ll tell my kids. That’s that moment that I’m going to remember for the rest of my life. That’s what you dream about is, coming to a place like this just to do what you do.”
Junior kicker Jarod Brown hit a 25 yard field goal with 41 seconds left in the game to give Old Dominion a 64-61 win over New Hampshire. There was also some offense in the game.
"I don't think I've ever been a part of something like that. Our team came together and played as a team and we got the win. It was amazing!"
Freshman kicker Robert Thullen made a 23 yard field goal with 10:12 left in the fourth quarter giving Whitworth a 17-14 win over Chapman.

Freshman kicker David Castillo's 22 yard field goal gave Lane College a 37-34 overtime victory over Morehouse College.

Sophomore kicker Riley Lyons made a 31 yard field goal with a second remaining to give Dartmouth a 13-10 win over Holy Cross.
“I've never had the opportunity to kick a game-winner, even in high school. Coach Teevens told me during the timeout, ‘This is why you play the game.’ I had been hoping for an opportunity like this, though I would certainly welcome winning by a larger margin. But our defense made a big play and the pass to Ryan put me in a good position to make the kick.”
Sophomore kicker Miles MacKenzie hit a 46 yard field with four seconds remaining to lift Ohio Wesleyan 17-14 over Case Western Reserve.

Freshman kicker John Griggs' 33 yard field goal with 8:47 left in the fourth quarter proved to be the winner as Bridgewater College (VA) won 17-14 over Shenandoah.

Junior kicker Matt MacZura hit a 33 yard field goal with 14 seconds left to give Georgetown a 21-20 win at Princeton.
“I kind of knew we were going to make it. I don’t know if it ever becomes old habit, but [the Wagner field goal] it makes the next one a little easier.”
Sophomore kicker Ryan Mong hit a 28 yard field goal in the first overtime to give Allegheny College a 20-17 victory against no. 7 ranked Wabash College.

Sophomore kicker Ty Long hit three field goals, including a school record 54 yarder, in UAB's 29-15 loss to Ohio State.

Sophomore kicker Alex Zemezonak made a 17 yard field goal with nine seconds left in the game to give Colorado Mesa a 31-29 win over Black Hills State.

Sophomore kicker Cody Nuzzo hit a 30 yard field goal with three seconds remaining to give California (PA) a 26-24 win over Indiana (PA)
“It’s an unbelievable feeling to kick the game-winning kick after missing the PAT. When I missed the PAT I was discouraged, but as a kicker you have to have a short memory. I give a lot of credit to my snapper and holder. It was the first game-winning kick that I have ever had and it’s a very exciting feeling.”
Although it occurred with 5:26 remaining in the third quarter, senior kicker Drew Alleman's 30 yard field goal proved to be the winning score as LSU defeated Auburn 12-10.

Sophomore kicker Terry Stecker hit a 35 yard field goal with 1:13 left in the game to give Kansas Wesleyan a 33-31 win over Bethany (KS).

Freshman kicker Alex Hanks made a 32 yard field goal with 3:40 remaining to give Georgia Southern a 26-23 win over Elon.


In the second overtime, senior kicker Drew Geldbach hit a 34 yard field goal to give Southeast Missouri State a 41-38 win over Tennessee Tech.
"The kick got tipped a little bit. Lucky it went through. It's my first overtime game I've ever played in. I just have to stay calm like any other kick."
Senior kicker Dan Tryon made a 31 yard field goal as time expired to lift Wesley College  to a 25-22 victory at Louisiana College.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment