the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 5

A summary of notable kicking during the fifth week of the 2012 college football season:

Senior kicker Casey Clarke hit field goals of 20, 34, 37, 52 & 41 yards to provide all the scoring for Campbellsville in their 15-14 win over Kentucky Christian.
"Everyone did it, the offense and defense … I have the simple job, just kick the ball. I'm happy we finally won. I couldn't bear to lose again."
Senior kicker Brett Maher's 41 yard field goal at the 9:41 mark in the 4th quarter proved to be the game winner as Nebraska won 30-27 over Wisconsin.

Senior kicker Anthony Fernandez made a 37-yard field goal with 9:07 left in the game to give Langston a 17-14 win over Southern Nazarene.
"Our team hasn't been down or anything like that. We've played some good teams, and we've lost some tough games. But this is a big confidence boost for us."
Senior kicker Freddy Cortez hit a 25 yard field goal with six seconds remaining to give Kent State a 45-43 win over Ball State.
 
Senior kicker Greg Langer made a 33 yard field goal with 19 seconds left in the game to give Robert Morris a 31-28 win over Lafayette.
"I was focusing on making sure I kicked it right down the middle. I wanted to make sure I kicked it high enough and get it over the line. This feeling couldn’t be better."
Freshman kicker Ben Hurley’s 34 yard field goal in double overtime gave Grand View a 29-26 win over St. Ambrose.

Senior kicker Charlie Leventry made a 20 yard field goal with  lift Duquesne 24-21 over St. Francis (PA).
“I was more upset about the first field goal I made than the one I missed. The first field goal I made, I didn’t hit it that well. I had some bad contact. And the field goal I missed, it was just my follow-through.”
Senior kicker Jake Peery hit a 22 yard field goal as time expired to give Lehigh a 24-21 win over Fordham.

Junior kicker Cairo Santos tied the Tulane team record for longest field goal with a 54 yarder during their 63-10 loss to Louisiana-Monroe.
"I knew we were down in the game so every point was important for us. I told Ryan Rome when we got to the spot on the field, 'Hey man to tie the school record let's get a good one.'... I just had such a good feeling about the kick ... perfect snap, perfect hold, perfect operation. It was amazing, one of the best balls I've ever hit in my life."
Senior kicker James McFadden's 33 yard field goal in overtime gave Widener a 40-37 win over Lebanon Valley.

Freshman kicker Austin Lopez accounted for all of San Jose State's scoring (field goals of 29, 19, 32 & 43 yards) in their 12-0 shutout of Navy

"I feel good going on the field every time I'm called on because I feel my team supports me and knows I am going to make it. They have confidence me.... The last one was most important because it put us up by two scores."
Freshman kicker Gavin Voss hit a 41-yard field goal in overtime to give St. Joseph's (IN) a 24-21 over Quincy.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment