the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 7

A summary of notable kicking during the seventh week of the 2012 college football season:

Senior kicker Matt Hogan made six field goals (23, 27, 23, 29, 52, and 29 yards) in Houston's 39-17 win over Alabama-Birmingham. Six FGs in a game set the school and Conference USA records.
"I was just actually told after the game. I had no idea so I guess the feeling is pretty nice. Everybody wants to see six, but I like to try and get three when I can. It’s all actually very surprising. I just go out there when I’m told, but it’s always nice to get a three when possible."
Freshman kicker Blake Barnes tied a school record with five field goals (18, 31, 20, 29 & 38 yards) as Tarleton State won 46-10 over Texas A&M-Commerce.

Sophomore kicker Eddie Camara made a 47 yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining to give Central Arkansas a 27-26 win over McNeese State
“After we got (the onside), I knew it was going to come down to me. I was just trying to get my mind right and hoping for the opportunity, and it came.”
Junior kicker Sam Brockhsus made a 20-yard field goal in the second overtime to lift Minnesota State to a 34-31 victory over Southwest Minnesota State.

Junior kicker Anthony Wood hit a 41-yard field goal with 4:25 left in the game to give Graceland a 17-14 upset win at Central Methodist.

Junior kicker Mike Meyer hit a 42 yard field goal, his fourth of the game, in the second overtime to give Iowa a 19-16 win over Michigan State.
"Whenever our team, the field-goal team, takes the field, it’s worth points. So I definitely can’t leave any points out on the field."
Junior kicker Alex Henry hit a 26 yard field goal with 16 seconds left in the game to lift Waynesburg 23-21 over Bethany (WV).

Junior kicker Danny Colapietro hit a 44 yard field goal in overtime to give Concordia Chicago a 47-44 win over Concordia Wisconsin.


Freshman kicker Ryan Deising made a 39 yard field goal as time expired giving Jackson State a 37-34 win over Alabama State.
“I was leaning to the side because I didn’t think it was going to go (through). It didn’t hit me until the team did.”
Junior kicker Austin Witmer made a 33 yard field goal as time expired giving Missouri State a 27-24 win over South Dakota.

Senior kicker Brandon McManus' 29 yard field goal in overtime gave Temple a 17-14 win over Connecticut.

“Fortunately, I’ve kicked here for four years. I was more nervous for the holder and snapper. We just wanted to win it for everyone that put their heart out there today.”
Freshman kicker Jonathan Treloar's 20 yard field goal with 56 seconds remaining in the third proved to be the winner as Butler won 17-14 over Marist.

Senior kicker Jake Peery hit a 29 yard field goal with 10:58 remaining to lift Lehigh 17-14 over Georgetown


Freshman kicker Austin Johnson hit a 24 yard field goal with 59 seconds left in the game to give Southern Illinois a 34-31 win over Northern Iowa.

"I was actually a little bit in shock, at first. I hit the ball really well, but I was seeing that thing, ‘Oh God. Oh God’. It ended up going through. Like Kory (Faulkner) said, I was on Cloud 9 by the time that I was done. I didn’t know what to say to anybody. They just kept hitting me on the head. Good times."
Freshman kicker Steve Grzywacz made a 24 yard field goal with 5:36 remaining to give Stonehill College a 22-20 win over Merrimack College

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

1 comment:

Arsenallover said...

Kyle Brindza of Notre Dame had that game-tying FG against Stanford with 20 seconds left

Post a Comment