the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, October 6, 2012

High School Game Winning Kicks 10-5-12

Just a few of last night's game winning kicks around the nation...

Ben Hinson’s 52 yard field goal gave Irmo a 17-14 victory over Ridge View.
“I wasn’t nervous or anything. I just went out there and did my job.”
Logan Tassin hit a 40 yard field goal with no time left on the clock as Ocean Springs won 35-34 over Biloxi.
"They blocked me on the PAT at the beginning so I moved as decisviely as I could to the football because I knew they could block it again. I got it off and it got there. I missed the field goal at D'Iberville This is the greatest thing that could happen to me. Plus my girlfriend is a cheerleader for Biloxi.''

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/10/05/4227976/tassin-boots-hounds-past-indians.html#storylink=cpy
Dalton Conroy made a 22 yard field goal as time expired as Bellaire won 29-28 over Harrison Central.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/10/05/4227976/tassin-boots-hounds-past-indians.html#storylink=cpy
"That is probably the most pressure I've ever felt in my life."
McKay Parrish booted three field goals, including the 22 yard game-winner with 6:03 remaining, as Box Elder won 16-13 over Bonneville.
"We were driving the ball and getting field goals instead of touchdowns, but that’s all right, too. We are playing for a region championship every week. No way we were looking past Bonneville. Heck yeah, it feels good to be in the playoffs.”
Conner Kammerlocher hit a 35 yard field goal as time expired to give South Fort Myers a 31-28 comeback win over Riverdale.
"I couldn’t do it without those guys. When my team believes in me, I believe in myself."
Karl Butler's last second 26 yard field goal lifts Northern Burlington past Willingboro 30-28.
"The spot where the ball was on the last extra point I missed was wet and muddy,” said Butler. “I moved it over as far as I could, but it didn’t matter. I felt awful after I missed that; I actually missed two tonight for the first time. Making that last one felt great, awesome; I didn’t know what to think. I knew I had enough time to get it off. And the ball was farther back than an extra point and the footing was much better. Making that kick makes me feel great. We got that one pass and got it all the way down there that Antony caught gave me another chance."
Although it wasn't a game winner, Logan McPherson booted a career-long 57-yard field goal during Fort Payne’s 24-6 win, tying him with five others for the third-longest field goal in state (Alabama) history.
"I just kept my head down and did everything I normally do to kick an extra point, and it just sailed."
Feel free to add any others in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment