the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 10

A summary of notable kicking during the tenth week of the 2012 college football season:

Sophomore kicker Patrick Clarke hit a 47 yard field goal as time expired to give Buffalo a 27-24 win over Miami (OH).
"I was ready to go, I was just ready to get my chance at the game winner. My team had faith in me. I knew if I had the chance, I would come through for the team. As soon as I kicked it, I knew it was good."
Senior kicker Luke Heinsohn's 37 yard field goal in the fourth overtime gave Washington & Lee a 45-42 win over Hampden-Sydney.
 
Sophomore kicker Oleg Parent made a 26 yard field goal in overtime to lift North Carolina Central 23-20 over Delaware State.

Senior kicker Rockne Belmonte hit four field goals (36, 55, 49 & 46 yards) in Northern Michigan's 33-28 win over Saginaw Valley State.
"It doesn't feel like we started off 1-5, I'll tell you that much. It's absolutely amazing. The young guys really grew a lot real fast. We put a lot of weight on them."
Senior kicker Max Martin hit a 47 yard field goal with 2:13 remaining as Wayne State won 17-14 over Upper Iowa.

Senior kicker Brian Gonzalez made a 27 yard field goal as time expired to give East Central Oklahoma a 33-30 win at Arkansas Tech.

Freshman kicker Jamie Cacciatore hit a 24 yard field goal with 11 seconds left to lift Azusa Pacific 23-21 over Dixie State.
"They were just trying to freeze me, but I didn’t really let it get into my head. It just gave me another chance to go talk to my teammates and let them know everything was alright. All that was going through my head at the time was that (the kick) just had to go in, no matter what. I had to do this for my teammates."
If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment