the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 11

A summary of notable kicking during the eleventh week of the 2012 college football season:

Freshman kicker Paul Griggs hit a 46 yard field goal as time expired to give Purdue a 27-24 win over Iowa.
"As soon as I kicked the kick, I knew I hit it pretty well. I didn't hear anything, so I knew it'd gotten away clean. I looked up and saw where the ball was going and just kind of stood there in disbelief. I didn't know what to do."
Junior kicker Edgar Colmenares hit a 30 yard field goal as time expired as Northwestern Oklahoma State beat Arkansas-Monticello 38-35.

Junior kicker Kevin Grady made five field goals during  Redlands 63-40 win over Whittier.

Freshman kicker Andrew Baggett's 35 yard field goal in the fourth overtime gave Missouri a 51-48 win over Tennessee
"It’s the best feeling in the world. All the team got around me, and it was exciting. I think someone picked me up, but I can’t remember."
Junior kicker John Schubert made a 27 yard field goal with 10:15 remaining to lift Montclair State 10-7 over Kean.

Junior kicker Austin Sweeney hit a 22 yard field goal in the second overtime to give Bluffton a 27-24 win over Defiance.

Sophomore kicker Chase Varnadore made five field goals, including a 36 yarder with two minutes left, to give Florida A&M a 22-21 win over North Carolina Central
"I was real eager to get in there. I kept pacing and going, ‘please just get me within range.’ I’m just thankful that the offense got down there and gave me an opportunity to make it.... I’m kind of sky high right now. Maybe when I get out of here I will come back to the ground. I’ve never done that before. I’ve never kicked five field goals and I’ve never had a game-winner."
Junior kicker Drew Patton made a 21 yard field goal with 1:53 remaining to lift Northeastern State 22-20 over Central Oklahoma

Senior kicker Jonathan Sykes hit a school record five field goals to lift Maryville College to a 22-17 win over Ferrum College.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment