the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big Kickers on Campus, 2012 week 12

A summary of notable kicking during the twelfth week of the 2012 college football season:

Sophomore kicker Jordan Williamson's 37 yard field goal in overtime gave Stanford a 17-14 upset win over Oregon.
"I was just thinking I was going to make it. Everybody on the team had put their hearts out there to keep us in the game, and I felt it was right and time for me to come out and help us win."
Junior kicker Chris Boswell made five field goals (56, 51, 43, 53 and 28 yards), tying the NCAA record for most 50+ yarders in a game, during Rice's 36-14 win over SMU.

Sophomore kicker Justin Haig hit a 45 yard field goal with seven seconds left to lift Marshall 44-41 over Houston.
"I actually prefer to get iced. It’s an extra kick you get to warm up with and practice.... I just tried to go in there and do my job."
Junior kicker Jeff Budzien's 27 yard field goal with 7:30 remaining proved to be the winner as Northwestern won 23-20 over Michigan State

Senior kicker Dustin Hopkins scored a noteworthy 11 points in  Florida State's 41-14 win over Maryland, as discussed in more detail here.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment