the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, November 12, 2012

NFL Week Ten: Sam Koch, Matt Prater & Stephen Gostkowski

Even the punter got in on the scoring frenzy in Baltimore's 55-20 win over Oakland. With the game well in hand in the latter stages of the third quarter, the Ravens added another touchdown on a fake field goal. Punter Sam Koch, who also serves as the holder on placekicks, took the snap and ran seven yards for the score.
"It was one thing that we called when we went out there, and they gave us the look we wanted, and it opened up. The guys up front did a great job blocking."
The Broncos continued their win streak with a 36-14 win over the Panthers. While kicker Matt Prater contributed field goals of 53 and 27 yards plus four extra points, he also saw his streak of 11 consecutive field goals end when his 43 yard attempt in the second quarter went wide.
"I hit it pretty good. There was a little wind today, and I hit it straight, but I hit it a little right and it kept drifting on me. It was a good learning experience."
Kicker Stephen Gostkowski made field goals of 43, 48 & 27 yards during the patriots 37-31 win over the Bills. Nonetheless, the media still pesters him about a missed field goal from earlier in the year.
"I wouldn't be on the team if the coaches and players did not have confidence in me. I have confidence in myself and I just try to practice well, and then if you practice well and consistently practice well, it's going to carry over into the game consistently."

No comments:

Post a Comment