the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, January 7, 2013

And the winners are... Abby Wambach & Lionel Messi

Zurich was the setting for this year's FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala. It culminated with the winners of the 2012 FIFA player awards...

Women’s World Player of Year: Abby Wambach
"I really didn’t expect this. Thanks to FIFA and President Blatter for having us. Pia (Sundhage), coaching staff and the medical staff as well, thank you.

Most importantly, winning any individual award is a total product of the team that you play for. I’ve never scored a goal without receiving a pass from somebody else. Thanks to all the fans out there who continue to inspire me and the rest of the team to win as many games as we can."


Ballon d'Or: Lionel Messi
"To tell you the truth, this is really quite unbelievable. The fourth award that I have had is just too great for words. I would like to recognise my other colleagues from Barcelona; Andres it has been great to train and play alongside you. I would also like to recognise all of my friends in the Argentinian national team, everyone that has worked with me, coaches and staff and my family and my friends. Also my wife and my son. Thank you."


No comments:

Post a Comment