the study of all things kicker related

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

AFL Kickers 2013 - National Conference

Last week we checked in on the American Conference half of the kickers in this year's Arena Football League. That leave's us with the seven kickers in the national Conference:

Arizona Rattlers - Garrett Lindholm (Tarleton State)
"Lindholm was considering going to the Rattlers’ camp in 2011, before signing with Milwaukee. He ended up making a league-best 20 field goals. He said a few times there were bad snaps, and he had attempt a couple of drop kicks for field goals that missed. “Our offense struggled in the beginning of the year, so I had a lot of field-goal opportunities, which isn’t good in the Arena league,” said Lindholm, who will be kicking in an Arena game Saturday for the first time since 2011."
Chicago Rush - Jose Martinez (UTEP)
"2012: As a member of the Milwaukee Mustangs he made six of his 12 field goal attempts. He completed 56 of the 64 extra points that he attempted. He also recorded three tackles on defense."
Iowa Barnstormers - Phil Marfuggi (Clemson)
"Marfuggi is the new Iowa kicker after Chris Gould took a coaching job recently.  Marfuggi has spent time between Iowa, New Orleans, and Philadelphia the last few seasons."
San Antonio Talons - Stefan Demos (Northwestern) 
"Just excited to get the season started again. My goal is just to get better every day and every week. It is a long season so taking care of my body and monitoring reps is a crucial aspect that I learned last year. I had to miss the scrimmage with an injury so I am just excited to get that adrenaline of a game again and help the Talons get a championship back to San Antonio."
San Jose Sabercats -  Nich Pertuit
"The SaberCats were assigned kicker Nich Pertuit on a two-year contract. Pertuit appeared in 13 games last season for the SaberCats, connecting on 103-of-114 of his extra point attempts (90%) and finished 1-of-2 on field goal attempts. His knack for hitting the bar with his kickoffs as well as his propensity for quality onside kicks (had five recovered) also created numerous opportunities for the SaberCats in 2012."
Spokane Shock - Kenny Spencer (North Alabama)
"My main focus this year is to top what I achieved last year. Always striving to do better and accomplish more goals. There is always room for improvement and to make your self better."
Utah Blaze - Adrian Trevino (Missouri Valley)
"I do a lot of things to prepare my self. First I set team and individual goals. Then I mentally prepare myself. I make sure I stay in shape by stretching and conditioning. Then I make sure I'm a good teammate. All this helps me be ready for games."

No comments:

Post a Comment