Excerpts from Baer's profile page on the Ragin' Cajuns' website:
2012 Senior Season
- became most accurate kicker in NCAA history, with career field goal percentage of 90%
- selected First Team All-Sun Belt Conference
- ranks third in ULL history with 243 career points
- made field goals of 50, 25 & 40 yards in 43-34 win over East Carolina in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
- Semi-finalist for the Lou Groza Award,
- earned second team All-Sun Belt honors as both a kicker and punter and second team All-Louisiana by the LSWA
- tabbed the team’s special teams MVP
- led the nation in field goal accuracy (10 or more attempts) at .900
- was four-for-four on onside kick attempts
- connected on a career-long 50-yard field goal as time expired to give UL a 32-30 win over San Diego State in the New Orleans Bowl
- broke a 34-34 tie against Florida Atlantic (10/1) by making a 37-yard field goal with no time left to give the Ragin’ Cajuns the win
- Began season as backup kicker, then assumed starting role in fifth game
- season-long effort of 42 yards came vs. Troy in his first career attempt. . .
- was the primary kickoff specialist for the second straight season
- made six tackles, including two vs. ASU
- Primary kickoff specialist all 12 games
- Was a two-time all-county selection
- averaged 44.5 yards per punt.
2012: 20 of 23 (87.0%) FGs; 53 of 56 PATs; 113 points
2011: 18 of 20 (90.0%) FGs; 46 of 50 PATs; 100 points
2010: 7 of 7 (100%) FGs; 23 of 23 PATs; 44 points
From last October. midway through his senior season:
“I played a little [soccer] in middle school, but I started kicking sophomore year. I ended up being pretty decent at it....
I want to finish this season out and be successful. When I look back on my college career, I want to know I helped my team win all those years. I want to make new recruits say, ‘Man, that guy was freakin’ awesome'."