the study of all things kicker related

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

PIFL 2013 - The Kickers


Another year of the Professional Indoor Football League kicks off on March 8th. Several of the kickers from the league's seven teams gave us their thoughts on the upcoming season and assorted kicking matters.

Alabama Hammers - Brian Jackson (Ball State) 
"I'm excited to be able to continue my kicking career at the pro level with the Alabama Hammers of the PIFL. This will be my sixth year playing in the arena leagues, and I could not be happier kicking for Coach Cokinos. He has great connections with players and coaches, and him, along with Hammer's management are top of the line. Huntsville has had 14 straight years of professional football, and I look forward to doing my part to win the PIFL championship this season. #HammerDown"
Albany Panthers -  Ryan Gates (Gardner-Webb)

Columbus Lions - Chandler Brooks (Auburn)

Knoxville Nighthawks - Alex Walls (Tennessee)

Lehigh Valley Steelhawks - George Pierson (Kansas State)
"I am commuting back and forth from Washington, D.C. Working as a personal trainer in DC and continuing on with my NGO I started in 2010 that deals with the underprivileged and disadvantage youth in Africa... the United States Africa Sports and Education Foundation (USASEF).
Wrote a blog too while I was in Cape Town: Stage Set for Semis in the Africa Cup of Nations."
Louisiana Swashbucklers - Blake Bercegeay (McNeese State)
Louisiana Swashbucklers - Ernesto Lacayo (Hastings College)
"My time here so far in the South Western part of Louisiana with Swashbucklers has been a good experience. I am truly excited to showcase my kicking abilities in front of our home crowd and the PIFL fans. I feel all my training with Michael Husted and Joe Nedney will pay off throughout this season."
Richmond Raiders - T.C. Stevens (Hampden-Sydney)
"Being a kicker in the PIFL, I love the UNO rule. It’s essentially a 58 yard field goal that’s only worth one point, but the momentum boost that one point gives your team is immeasurable, not to mention how excited the fans get. Every time I met a fan, or even talked to my teammates, the one thing I could count on hearing was, 'how many UNOs you gonna have this week?' "

No comments:

Post a Comment