the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, September 30, 2013

NFL Week Four: Steven Hauschka & Jay Feely Kick Game Winners

Down 20-3 at halftime, Seattle rallied to tie Houston and send the game to overtime. There, Seahawks kicker Steven Hauschka hit a 45 yard field goal for the 23-20 win.
“At the end of the day, I just tried to treat it the same – just another kick. I’ve just got to trust myself. We do it thousands of times in practice, and it’s no different than that.”
Down 10-0 at halftime, Arizona rallied to win it 13-10. The deciding score came with 1:33 remaining as Cardinals kicker Jay Feely hit a 27 yard field goal. But there was more to the story than that.
"There was grass out there? I remember a lot of good grass when I lived here in Tampa. When you have two teams playing on it [Saturday], it's always going to be tough field conditions. You had rain all week, so you knew it was going to get beat up last night and it did. You play in the conditions. You don't make excuses, and we were able to find a way to win the game....


I had a feeling I was going to hit a game-winner before the game even started. Just coming home and being about four kickoffs from my high school -- down the road less than a mile away -- it was fun for me to go to Jesuit and visit my team and some of the coaches that I played for throughout the week. It was a fun homecoming to come back and have dinner with my family and see them all week. To cap it with a game-winner is perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment