the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 6



A summary of notable kicking during the sixth week of the 2013 college football season: 

Sophomore kicker Marshall Morgan opened the scoring with a 56 yard field goal and concluded it with a 42 yard game winner in overtime as Georgia won 34-31 over Tennessee.

"I just felt so good after last game (when he hit a 55-yarder). I felt the operation working smooth after last week, me, Nathan (Theus), Adam (Erickson) and the whole line. I didn't even think anything of it. When it happened I tried not to think anything of it, it was so early in the game. But I kind of was pretty excited....
These are the days that you dream about when you're kicking. I've only had one time in my life, back in high school when I made a game-winner, and it was a short one. So out here in college, my second year ... I felt great."
Senior kicker Cairo Santos hit a 27 yard field goal as time expired to lift Tulane to a 24-21 win over North Texas
“I did that right after I made the kick, I pointed to the sky and said it was for him [his father], because it was."
Freshman kicker Miles Bergner hit a 41 yard field goal with 1:24 remaining to give South Dakota a 17-14 win over Missouri State.

Senior kicker Thomas Warren's 35 yard field goal in overtime gave Citadel a 31-28 win over Appalachian State.
"It was a great team win for us and I was proud to be apart of it. I knew I was going to make the kick. It was a 35 yarder right down the middle. App tried to ice me but that didn't work out for them. After it went in, it was electrifying. I ran around and threw my helmet while trying to avoid getting tackled."
Freshman kicker Cameron Marouf hit a 33 yard field goal with 1:10 remaining to lift Norfolk State 26-24 over Savannah State.

Junior kicker Bryan Maley made a 45 yard field goal with four seconds left to give Wagner a 23-20 win over Sacred Heart
"My team got me the field position and put me on the right hash which I'm comfortable with. I already hit the same kick earlier in the game so I felt confident going out there. I knew I had the leg so I just focused on being smooth. I haven't felt that feeling since high school kicks back in Alaska. I'm just glad I was able to help my team get the win."
Junior kicker Zach Drake made a 27 yard field goal as time expired to give Morrisville State a 51-48 win over William Paterson.

Freshman kicker Jeremiah Carter made a  28 yard field goal with 1:48 remaining to give Trinity International a 20-17 win over Olivet Nazarene.

Freshman kicker Paul Prendergast's 33-yard field goal in the second overtime gave Lackawanna College a 41-38 win over Erie Community College.

Sophomore kicker Tyler Henning made a 22 yard field goal with 54 seconds left to give Coast Guard a 41-38 win over Western New England.
"I was nervous, but I have my teammates behind me, so that makes you feel better."
Freshman kicker Austin Taylor's 27 yard field goal with 6:53 remaining proved to be the game winner as Florida International won 24-23 over Southern Miss.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment