the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 8


A summary of notable kicking during the eighth week of the 2013 college football season: 

Senior kicker Andrew Ritter hit a 41 yard field goal with two seconds remaining to give Ole Miss a 27-24 win over LSU.
“I knew I had to make that second one. The first one [a blocked attempt earlier in the fourth quarter] was going to be the difference, but I was fortunate enough to have another opportunity. I didn’t want to let the team and these unbelievable fans down. I just put it in God’s hands and I was fortunate enough it went through.”
Junior kicker Alex Catron's 35 yard field goal in the second overtime gave Coastal Carolina a 55-52 win over Liberty

Fifth year kicker Lirim Hajrullahu made five field goals (25, 35, 26, 17 & 32 yards) in Western's 50-10 win over York. He also raised his career scoring total to 422 points, setting a new all-time CIS record.
"This last week everyone's been mentioning them a lot so it kind of got to me. That whole time I was just trying to be mentally ready for the game. That was the most important thing and it turned out well."
Sophomore kicker Andrew Baggett made five field goals (43, 19, 39, 33 & 28 yards) in Missouri's 36-17 win over Florida.
“None of that’s possible without a great snap, a great hold and our PAT/field-goal line. Those are all great guys. You’ve got to thank them before you thank me. It feels good, just going out there and scoring points when we needed to score points. Just go out there and make them.”
Senior kicker Eric Malm hit a 37 yard field goal with five seconds left to give DePauw a 23-21 win over Ohio Wesleyan.
"As a kicker, these moments are the ones you live for. I stayed pretty relaxed before the kick and just trusted my form. I knew as long as my hips stayed straight to the target that I'd have the leg to get it there. Our holder did a great job getting the snap down and our line provided solid protection making my job easy. It was one of those kicks I knew it was good as soon as it left my foot. The celebration afterwards was better than I could have imagined. All three phases of the game contributed to the win and beating the defending conference champs at their place was a huge victory for us."
Senior kicker Michael Palardy made a 19 yard field goal as time expired to lift Tennessee 23-21 over South Carolina
“It has been a long time coming. The biggest thing for me was coming back from my missed field goal earlier in the game, and just maintaining my focus.”
Junior kicker Dylan Smith accounted for all his team's scoring with field goals of 24, 47, 23 & 19 yards in Rhode Island's 12-10 win over Richmond.  

Sophomore kicker Greg Conry hit a 32 yard field goal as time expired to lift Peru State College 31-28 over Culver-Stockton College.

Senior kicker Nick Kaylor made a 20 yard field goal with two seconds remaining to give Pacific Lutheran a 17-16 win over Pacific (OR).
"We had a really hard-fought game today against Pacific. The entire team battled their hearts out and absolutely played amazing. Fortunately it came down to that field goal situation, but I would have had no way to get into that position without my team."
Freshman kicker Vince Sciorrotta hit a 33 yard field goal with seven seconds left to give Delta State a 38-36 win over Tarleton State.

Junior kicker Kurt Fickle's 21 yard field goal in overtime gave Crown College a 24-21 win over Minnesota-Morris.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment