the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, October 28, 2013

NFL Week Eight: Josh Brown, Caleb Sturgis & Shaun Suisham


The Giants won 15-7 over the Eagles. All of their points came from kicker Josh Brown, on field goals of 40, 44, 33, 46 & 27 yards.
“This is a great day, and it’s a good thing for me personally. But…we want to see the offense get rolling and put touchdowns on the board. It’s good to get the win no matter what, but later in the season, we want to score touchdowns. But it’s great to have a day like that and kind of get my rhythm back....

It’s great to come in and be able to win in the division, period. Obviously, this division has been kind of slow to pick up pace, and that’s good for us. So the more games that we can win, the better, but especially these division games give us an opportunity to keep pushing and keep striving. Win one game at a time, and then we’ll see where we end up in December.”
Leading 17-3 in the third quarter, Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis hit the upright on a 46 yard attempt. The patriots went on to score 24 unanswered points for a 27-17 win.
“All of my balls in warm up were moving pretty good right to left, a few yards, so I just thought I’d start up on the right upright. It just never moved....

It would have put us up three scores, it would have been huge. I need to make those.”
The Raiders won 21-18 over the Steelers. Among Pittsburgh's missed opportunities were a pair of wide right field goal attempts by kicker Shaun Suisham - a 34 yarder at the end of the first half and a 32 yarder after a a lengthy opening drive in the second half.

“We lost today because I failed to do my job. My job is to make field goals, and I didn't do that today.... A miss is a miss. I'm not going to make excuses. We lost because of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment