the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, October 14, 2013

NFL Week Six: Mason Crosby & Shaun Suisham Each Kick Four

Two kickers each accounted for 13 of their teams' 19 points in low scoring victories.

Mason Crosby was once again busy for Green Bay. He made field goals of 45, 31, 50 & 31 yards in the Packers 19-17 win over the Ravens. The first 31 yarder came on the final play of the first half, just moments and a quick fumble after he had missed wide right from 44 yards - his only miss of the year.
“That’s what our team has been doing. There’s not really an exact script on how things are going to get done. I put a pretty good strike on that (miss). It just drifted a little right on me, and so I didn’t like that it didn’t go through, but our defense stepped up, I got another opportunity right before the half, which you don’t expect. They did a great job and I was able to capitalize on that and then finish the day strong. So I was happy with the way I finished the day and how this team responded to so many different situations.”
Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham made field goals of 46, 33, 48 & 32 yards during Pittsburgh's 19-6 win over the New York Jets. Afterward, he discussed (briefly) kicking in the windy conditions within the Meadowlands:
“Just part of my job. Every stadium has its own nuances. Just another stadium, another game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment