the study of the kicking components within sports

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NFL Week Six: Monday Night Football as it Should Be... Lots of Kicking

Adam Vinatieri scored all of the Colts nine points, with field goals of 30, 50 and 51 yards.

Nick Novak scored 13 of the Chargers 19 points, with an extra point and field goals of 31, 33, 34 & 50 yards.

For Vinatieri, discussing his field goals afterward was a simple matter:
“I wish they were extra points. Extra points make a difference.’’
Novak on the other hand had a much more positive outlook. Of course he was on the winning side, so that may have helped.
"I tried to lift my game up and match Adam kick-for-kick. He went 3-for-3 and I went 4-for-4, and I’m pretty happy. The most important thing is winning the game.... He's a competitor out there and I love that. I think every kicker wants to be known as clutch -- and he exemplifies it....

To me, it meant a whole lot that they had the confidence in me to put [the 50 yarder late in the game] through. I'm a big 'Rocky’ Fan, so I just try to keep that eye of the tiger focus. I try to come through for the team and do my job. I love these guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment