the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 10


A summary of notable kicking during the tenth week of the 2013 college football season: 


Following his successful onside kick, junior kicker Mitchell Ward made a 26 yard field goal  as time expired to lift Delaware State 22-20 over Howard.
“I was just ecstatic to win the game for my team. My parents came from England too and you want to do it for your team because games come and go. Before you know it, it’ll be over for all of us.”
Freshman kicker Josh Lambert's 34 yard field goal in overtime gave West Virginia a 30-27 win over TCU.
"It's a great feeling to do that in front of my family. I know they're proud of me."
Fifth year kicker LirimHajruallahu made six field goals (47, 42, 31, 32, 10 & 42 yards), tying the CIS playoff record, in Western's 32-3 win over McMaster.

Sophomore kicker Alex Hallwachs hit a 45 yard field goal with eight seconds left to give Washington (MO) a 9-7 win over Carnegie Mellon.

Junior kicker Andrew Flesher made a 23 yard field goal with 48 seconds remaining to give Harvard a 24-21 win over Dartmouth.
“I felt the kick leave my foot, and it just felt good. There was no doubt I was going to miss that.”
Senior kicker Sean Fakete hit a 26 yard field goal in overtime to give Lebanon Valley College a 34-31 win over Delaware Valley College.
"I've been waiting awhile to help the team win a game, today was my day I guess. It was a great team win."
Sophomore kicker Matt Van Druten's 35 yard field goal in the second overtime gave Wisconsin-La Crosse a 24-21 win over Wisconsin-River Falls.
“It was really a struggle to keep my head up. That one in the beginning, that’s a bummer. I feel I wasn’t punting very well and then my kickoff out of bounds. I kept with it, stayed the course and got to make the PATs and hit the field goal at the end, that was a big one. When you’ve got that pressure, that’s also adrenaline, so maybe a 35-yarder feels like a 13.”
Senior kicker Cody Journell hit a 56 yard field goal for Virginia Tech in their 34-27 loss to Boston College.
"If you're thinking about making the field goal or missing, then you're a step ahead already of where you should be. So you've just got to be in the now. And I was."
Sophomore kicker Jonathan Treloar hit a 33 yard field goal with 3:29 remaining to give Butler a 33-30 win over Dayton

Sophomore kicker Paul Graupner hit a 23 yard field goal with 1:21 remaining to give St. Thomas (MN) a 17-14 win over Augsburg.

Junior kicker Thomas Schleusener made a 37 yard field goal in over time to lift Gustavus Adolphus 23-20 over Saint Johns (MN).
“It feels awesome. As a kicker you have to have the mentality that you are going to make every field goal.  When I stepped up to that last one, I knew I was going to hit it.”
Junior kicker Kipp Castanha made four field goals, including a 24 yard game-winner as tiem expired, to give Fort Lewis a 27-24 win over Adams State.

Freshman kicker Christian Parr hit a 29 yard field goal with 3:46 remaining to give Black Hills State a 48-45 win over New Mexico Highlands.

Freshman kicker Cody Clark made an 18 yard field goal with three seconds remaining to give Middle Tennessee a 24-21 win over UAB.
“It was short but at a sharp angle. At one point, I thought we were going to have to run out there for a hurried field goal. Things just worked out. I didn’t do anything heroic. They did their job and got us down there, and I hit a short one.”
Junior kicker Kasper Bernild hit a 41 yard field goal in overtime to lift West Virginia Wesleyan 40-37 over Fairmont State.
"What mostly concerned me pre-snap was the wind. You could see the flag behind the goal posts wave like crazy, however the flags on the goal posts themselves weren't moving at all, so I decided to aim just a little bit to the left of the center. When I hit it I knew it was a great kick, but what still concerned me was the wind, and when I looked up and saw it was good I barely got to celebrate before getting overwhelmed by all of my teammates, and from there on it was just a great celebration of a great win."

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment