the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 11



A summary of notable kicking during the eleventh week of the 2013 college football season: 


Senior kicker Tyler Sievertsen hit a 34 yard field goal as time expired to give Northern Iowa a 22-20 win over Youngstown State.
"It's nothing different. It's a kick. It's what I'm trained to do.... After having some tough losses, it feels great to go out and win a victory like that. It just kind of proves how close we are as a family. We just wanted to go out and perform today."
Freshman kicker Conor Smith made a 38 yard field goal as time expired to give Carroll College a 37-35 win over Rocky Mountain College.
“Right when I kicked it, I knew it was going in. You probably saw, like, I was celebrating with the ball just halfway through the air. It’s just, I’ve never really done anything like this before, so the first time is always the best time.”
Junior kicker Joey Riley's 20 yard field goal in overtime gave Capital a 27-24 win over Muskingum.

Sophomore kicker Andrew Haldeman hit six field goals (48, 23, 30, 29 , 25 & 36 yards) in Western Michigan's 35-32 loss to Eastern Michigan.

Sophomore kicker Jamie Cacciatore made a 25 yard field goal as time expired to lift Azusa Pacific to a 23-20 win over Dixie State.
“All I could think about was doing this for my teammates and my seniors. I definitely feel the pressure, but during the week my coach takes me through some very challenging things to put pressure on me during practice, and that really helps me a lot in games. It was déjà vu, but I was ready for it all the way; I wanted them to bring it.”
Freshman kicker Tyler Winders hit a 26 yard field goal with 19 seconds left to give Eureka College a 17-14 win over Crown College.

Sophomore kicker Greg Pittman made a 44 yard field goal with 18 seconds left to give Southern a 31-28 win over Alabama State.
“My mind was pretty clear. It’s one of those situations where as a kid growing up you kick footballs and you’re alone, you imagine it’s a game-winner or a big kick with pressure. When you get into a real game and have that chance, it’s easier, because you’ve done it so many times.”
Sophomore kicker Gavon Voss hit a pair of fourth quarter field goals to give Saint Joseph's (IN) a 6-3 win over Truman State.

Sophomore kicker Chad Hollandsworth made a 23 yard field goal as time expired to lift Catawba to a 20-17 win over North Greenville.

Junior kicker Sean Ianno hit a 34 yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining to give UTSA a 10-7 win over Tulane.
"It's nothing I haven't been through before. I just talked to someone earlier this week and they asked me, for a radio show, if I was going to get a game-winning field goal anytime soon because I've had one every year. I said, 'I don't know. We'll see. I'm due for one.' It turned out to be this weekend."
Sophomore kicker Noah Moore hit a 23 yard field goal with nine seconds left to give North Park a 35-32 win over Millikin.

Freshman kicker Randy Velazquez's 38 yard field goal in overtime gave Arkansas Tech a 37-34 win over Southeastern Oklahoma State.

Freshman kicker Chris Moller made a 27 yard field goal as time expired to lift Morgan State 24-23 over North Carolina A&T.
“Snap, hold, everything was good, so I had to come through for the team. I had to make it.”
Sophomore kicker Michael Bohlke's 28 yard field goal with 9:21 remaining proved to be the winner as Wartburg College won 16-14 over Central College.

Senior kicker Steven Wakefield hit a 22 yard field goal with 40 seconds remaining to give Mercyhurst a 23-20 win over California (PA).

Junior kicker Michael Marando hit a pair of fourth quarter field goals as Fordham rallied to win 23-21 over Bucknell.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment