the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 12


A summary of notable kicking during the twelfth week of the 2013 college football season: 

Junior kicker Andre Heidari made a 47 yard field goal with 19 seconds left to give USC a 20-17 win over Stanford.
"It's a dream for me. A dream come true.... The kick itself was a regular kick. It's the same kick every time. Three steps back, two steps over, line it up, hit a target pretty much. I did what I needed to do. I'm just thankful for my team that it put me in that position."
Sophomore kicker Jack Cantele hit a 41 yard field goal with three seconds remaining to give Kansas State a 33-31 win over TCU.
"There was no doubt it was going in. It was one of the best kicks I've ever kicked.... I didn't know how to react. Someone hit me from behind and I fell to the ground, and I just started beating the crap out of the ground. I didn't know what else to do."
Sophomore kicker Jaden Oberkrom had given TCU the lead with 2:13 remaining after hitting a 56 yard field goal.

Freshman kicker Tyler Stolen made a 25 yard field goal with 58 seconds left to give Buena Vista a 29-28 win over Dubuque.

Senior kicker Ray Early made six field goals (48, 24, 40, 39, 30 & 32 yards) in Furman's 32-20 win over Western Carolina.

Freshman kicker Jacob Hardy made a 19 yard field goal with five seconds left to lift Kalamazoo College 39-37 over Olivet College.

Freshman kicker Alex Ball hit a 41 yard field goal with 15 seconds remaining to give Lamar a 46-45 win over Stephen F. Austin.
“It hasn’t sunk in yet, and I’m still kind of in disbelief. I watched it go up and it started drifting to the left, and I was like, ‘Come on, come on, please, please.’ Then my holder jumped on me and everyone jumped on me, and I guess I made it. It was a very unusual experience that I haven’t been able to have a lot, and it was great.”
Freshman kicker Logan Beck hit a 39 yard field goal with five seconds left to give Adams State a 19-17 win over Colorado Mesa

Freshman kicker Christian Parr's 34 yard field goal with 5:59 remaining proved to be the winner as Black Hills State won 17-14 over Fort Lewis College.

Freshman kicker Warren Handrahan's 43 yard field goal in overtime gave Samford a 17-14 win over Chattanooga.
"On the first one [missed 50 yarder at end of regulation], I didn't know we were going to pause and try to draw them offsides and it threw my timing and tempo off. I hooked it a little. On the one in overtime, my tempo was great. I wasn't nervous. I have a routine and it's just second nature. I have to thank Alec Hulmes, my long snapper, Ben Neill, my holder, and the big guys up front. I couldn't do it without them."
Senior kicker Zach Litchfield hit a 37 yard field goal as time expired to give Wisconsin-Platteville a 17-16 win over Wisconsin-Oshkosh.

Junior kicker Shawn Moffitt hit a 24 yard field goal as time expired to give Central Florida a 39-36 win over Temple.
"I'm glad I got the opportunity. My line did great, my snapper, my holder - I love them. They all picked me up afterwards. It was just a great feeling."
Junior kicker Ramsey Riehl made a 28 yard field goal as time expired to give Lakeland College a 15-12 win over Benedictine (IL)

Freshman kicker Jake Elliott hit a school record 56 yard field goal, which grazed the crossbar, in Memphis' 23-10 win  over South Florida.
"I was kind of cheering it on. I wasn't really sure. I knew it was going to be close."
If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment