the study of the kicking components within sports

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 13



A summary of notable kicking during the thirteenth week of the 2013 college football season: 


Senior kicker Nate Freese hit a 52 yard field goal as time expired to give Boston College a 29-26 win over Maryland.
"I knew either the ref blew a whistle or they called timeout or something happened. Going into that re-kick, I was a lot more confident.... I was just calm, trying to get a little better judgment of the wind. It was kind of going from my right to left. Being out there a little longer, I got a little better feel for it."
Senior kicker Pat Smith's 42 yard overtime field goal, after a 37 yarder was negated by penalty, gave Nebraska a 23-20 win over Penn State
“I just kind of told them, ‘Hey guys, calm down, chill out, I got this. This is nothing. This is what I live for. This is what I want’.... I was pumped up. Those are the moments we live for. That’s the best scenario you could ever imagine. Really, I was just excited for the opportunity to finish the game. I’ve been wanting one all year.”
Senior kicker Mark Hamilton made a 24 yard field goal with one second remaining to give Villanova a 35-34 win over Delaware.
“I wasn’t thinking too much. I didn’t know how far the kick was. When I think, that’s when I get into trouble. I always tell the guys on special teams to do their jobs so I did my job, which was to put it through.”
Junior kicker Stuart Williams' 36 yard field goal in overtime gave Wyoming a 59-56 win over Hawaii.
"Right after it left my foot I knew it was good. Then the mob tackled me."
Freshman kicker Clarence Clark hit a 28 yard field goal as time expired to give Baker a 10-7 win over Sterling.

Senior kicker Mike Meyer's 34 yard field goal with 6:02 remaining provided the winning points as Iowa won 24-21 over Michigan.

If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment