the study of the kicking components within sports

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Big Kickers on Campus, 2013 week 14



A summary of notable kicking during the thirteenth week of the 2013 college football season: 


Senior kicker Carey Spear hit a 38 yard field goal with 39 seconds left to give Vanderbilt a 23-21 win over Wake Forest
"I had all the trust in the world in Austin and the offense of just getting us in range. And the defense did a great job of stopping them prior to that. It was team effort, it wasn't just that one play. But within that play, I have all the trust in the world in our holder and snapper, Taylor and Andrew, and the guys blocking. It was an easy part, I just knocked it though. One play at a time."

Sophomore kicker Ross Martin made a 27 yard field goal with 2:22 remaining to give Duke a 27-25 win over North Carolina.
"I knew going into Saturday's matchup that this game would be close and very likely come down to field goals. So when the time came at the end of the game, I kind of expected this scenario to play out. I had total confidence in my holder, Will Monday, long snapper, Thomas Hennessy, and the entire line that they were going to do their job seamlessly, which makes mine that much easier. I just try to have my team and coaches confidence that when they send our unit out there, it means we're coming away with points every time. That kick is definitely up there for one of my most memorable kicks in my career. Can't wait for next week playing for the ACC Championship!"
If we missed someone that should be on the above list, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment