the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, November 4, 2013

NFL Week Nine: Kickin' 'em High

New York Jets kicker Nick Folk raised his season total to 23 field goal made and no misses, after hitting four more yesterday. He connected from 39, 21, 47 & 45 yards in the Jets 26-20 win over Saints. Folk said of his successful kicks:
“I don’t even know what you’re talking about. The only kick that matters is the next kick, that’s the way I’m looking at this whole season. All I can worry about is that next kick, which happens in two weeks. Now we can take the break, 5-4 and enjoy this time off.”
Down by three touchdowns in the first half, Seattle rallied to tie Tampa Bay and send the game into overtime. There, Seahawks kicker Steven Hauschka won it with a 27 yard field goal. Final score 27-24.
"I want it to come down to me because the last couple of years we've had some games come down to overtime and I haven't had a chance to kick the ball. I love that opportunity. That's what I train for all offseason, so I was excited to get out there and win the game for the team....

I knew we were going to have a field goal no matter what. So I was getting ready. I thought we were going to have a long one. Then we get to the 6-yard line and that’s a bonus. That’s a lot easier kick. It’s not exciting. It’s a big one because it won the game. But for me, it’s just the same thing. It doesn’t have to perfect. It just has to go through (the uprights).”

No comments:

Post a Comment