the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, November 11, 2013

NFL Week Ten: Graham Gano & Mason Crosby in the Cross Winds

In windy conditions at Candlestick Park, Carolina pulled off an upset 10-9 win over San Francisco. Although Panthers kicker Graham Gano was wide left on a 48 yard field goal attempt in the third quarter, he was good from 53 yards with ten minutes remaining in the fourth. They proved to be the winning points.
"I was so angry until the ball left my foot. I always want another opportunity after a miss....

I hope every game comes down to a field goal. That's what makes the job fun. I said going out after halftime that I hope I get a game-winner, hope the game comes down to me. I was fortunate enough to get another kick, and then the defense played great and the offense churned the clock a little bit."
In windy conditions at Lambeau Field, Philadelphia pulled off an upset 27-13 win over Green Bay. Packers kicker Mason Cosby ended up 2 of 4 on the day, missing a pair in the first half - wide right from 42 yards and hitting the upright from 53 yards.
"The wind was blowing right to left. It started coming back late and I just kind of played it right on the upright, thinking it would turn. It just stayed right out there. I hit it on a line and wanted it to move. It actually moved the other way and then started to come back and I just missed it....

It was a little weird. I hit a good ball on (the 53-yarder), and it was coming back, but it just stayed out there and it hit the upright. It was just one of those days. I guess I wish I had those kicks back, but that’s how it was....

I put good strikes on the ball, but I’m really disappointed I missed those kicks. There’s no excuses for it. It’s disappointing losing, especially at home. We’re going to have to dig deep, stay together and make sure that we take care of business here going into New York.”

No comments:

Post a Comment