the study of the kicking components within sports

Monday, December 16, 2013

NFL Week 15: Josh Scobee & Mason Crosby Go Long, Dan Bailey Goes for Quantity

In the third quarter of Jacksonville's 27-20 loss to Buffalo,  Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee hit a 55 yarder.
“The wind was left to right, not really with or against me. I was trying to drive it through the wind, but not as low as I hit it.”
In the first quarter of Green Bay's 37-36 win at Dallas, Packers kicker Mason Crosby hit a 57 yarder.
"I thought about it after I made the kick. I'm standing in the middle of the star on this field goal. That could be a cool one down the line, if I can find a cool shot. I was glad I could capitalize there early in the game."
Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey was busy on the day, kicking five field goals (47, 23, 43, 50 & 50 yards). He was hoping for a late shot at a sixth one.
“Obviously today points were a premium. It’s just too bad we didn’t have more than they did at the end of the game....

There’s a minute and a half left and we had a chance to win the game, so we’ve been in those situations before. I had all the confidence in the world that we were going to go down and put the final points on the board. Sometimes it doesn’t work out your way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment