the study of all things kicker related

Monday, January 13, 2014

And the winners are... Nadine Angerer & Cristiano Ronaldo

Zurich was the setting for this year's FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala. It culminated with the winners of the 2013 FIFA player awards...

Women’s World Player of Year: Nadine Angerer 
'Das Jahr 2013 ist definitiv ein Jahr, das Nadine Angerer so schnell nicht vergessen wird. Mit der deutschen Nationalmannschaft feierte sie in Schweden den sechsten Europameistertitel in Folge und hatte dabei großen Anteil am Erfolg. Im Finale gegen Norwegen hielt die Nationaltorhüterin zwei Elfmeter und wurde aufgrund ihrer Leistungen zur "Spielerin des Turniers" gewählt, wenig später durfte sich Angerer über die Auszeichnung als "Europas Fussballerin des Jahres" freuen.'
"I have to say that I'm a little surprised, but very thankful. First of all I have to thank everybody that voted for me. I just want to pay my respects to Marta and Abby who have had an incredible year too. 
 
You never get a success like this on your own. I have to thank my teammates and my goalkeeping coach who raised me to a level that I never thought I'd get to. Also I have to thank the people in my private life, I have a great family who have been a great support to me over the years. My friends have also been very supportive to me. Thanks to everybody."
Ballon d'Or: Cristiano Ronaldo
'O ano de 2013 foi, como sempre, recheado de golos para Cristiano Ronaldo. O astro português terminou o ano com qualquer coisa como 69 golos marcados: 59 pelo Real Madrid e 10 pela seleção portuguesa. Sempre ao mais alto nível pelo Real Madrid e por Portugal, o avançado, que venceu o prémio de Melhor Jogador do FIFA Ballon d’Or de 2008, é cada vez mais um símbolo dos Merengues, e por isso não admirou que tivesse renovado o contrato com o clube até 2018 e que até pondere acabar a carreira no gigante madrileno.'

"First of all I have to say a great thanks to all of my team-mates with the club and the national team. Without all of their efforts this would not have been possible. I am very happy, it is very difficult to win this award.

Everybody that has been involved with me on a personal level I have to thank. My wife, my friends, my son. It is a tremendously emotional moment. All I can say is thank you to everybody that has been involved."

No comments:

Post a Comment