Excerpts from Foster's profile page on the Crimson Tides' website:
2013 Senior Season
- took over the full-time kicking duties
- hit a career-long 53-yarder against Ole Miss
- after Iron Bowl, received a letter of support from an unlikely source, former President George W. Bush
- shared the field goal kicking duties (with Jeremy Shelley) while serving primary role on kickoffs
- kicked off 92 times for 5,837 yards and 42 touchbacks
- Michigan: Drilled a career-long 51-yard field goal in win against the No. 8-ranked Wolverines
- Western Kentucky: Named one of the specialists of the week by the Alabama coaching staff, after three of his six kickoffs went for touchbacks ... also assisted on one tackle on special teams
- Arkansas: Named one of the specialists of the week by the Alabama coaching staff ... connected on his second 51-yard field goal of the season (1-for-2 in the game) ... kicked off nine times for 580 yards and eight touchbacks.
- Florida Atlantic: Named one of the specialists of the week for the second consecutive week by the Alabama coaching staff ... 2-for-2 on field goals, including a career-long 52-yarder ... kicked off nine times for 580 yards, with six touchbacks.
- starting kicker on kickoffs and place-kicker on longer field goal opportunities
- averaged 63.3 yards on 81 kickoffs
- Vanderbilt: Was named the Special Teams Player of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff ... recorded five kickoffs for 316 yards ... averaged 63.2 per kick
- Tennessee: Was named one of the Special Teams Players of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff ... connected on his first field goal of the season when he hit from 45 yards in the win against the Volunteers ... kicked off eight times, recording one touchback and averaging 65.4 per kick
- LSU (BCS National Championship Game): Kicked off six times for a 66.7 yard average, allowing the coverage team to limit the Tigers to 20.8 yards per return ... his net yards per kickoff was a solid 45.8
- played in all 13 games as a true freshman as a placekicker and kickoff specialist
- made nine tackles on kick coverage and forced a fumble
- averaged 65.2 yards on kickoffs (84 for 5,476 yards)
- San Jose State: Was named one of the Special Teams Players of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff ... was a perfect 2 for 2 in field goal attempts in his first collegiate game with a long of 41 yards ... connected on both extra point attempts ... averaged 67 yards with a touchback on kickoffs.
- South Carolina: Was named one of the Special Teams Players of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff ... kicked off five times and tallied a season-best two touchbacks while averaging a season-best 69.2 yards on kickoffs ... assisted on one tackle on kickoff coverage.
- Mississippi: Was named one of the Special Teams Players of the Week by the Alabama coaching staff ... connected on two field goals, including a long of 49 yards ... kicked off five times and tallied one touchback.
- played in the 2010 U.S. Army All-American Game
- a four-star prospect by Scout.com and its No. 3-rated kicker in the 2010 class
- a first-team APSE Class 5A All-State in 2009 and first-team TOC Class 5A DFW All-Area Team
- was 10-for-10 on field goal attempts in 2009, including three kicks of 45 yards or longer
- career long of 49 yards came on Sept. 27, 2009, against North Shore High School
- made 57-of-58 extra point attempts as a senior for the Dragons
- also started at middle linebacker and finished with 106 tackles, including six tackles for loss and six sacks
- made 6-of-8 field goals as a junior in 2008 ... hit on 11-of-15 kicks as both a freshman (2006) and a sophomore (2007)
2013: 12 of 17 (70.6%) FGs; 60 of 60 PATs; 96 points
2012: 4 of 9 (44.4%) FGs; 0 of 0 PATs; 12 points
2011: 2 of 9 (22.2%) FGs; 0 of 0 PATs; 6 points
2010: 7 of 9 (77.8%) FGs; 7 of 7 PATs; 28 points
Back in January, Foster looked over his college experience:
"I told coach Saban when we talked about it this week. I thanked him for the opportunity to play here. I'm always going to love this state. I'm always going to support the football team. It's been the best four years of my life. I learned more lessons and gotten more friends from this than I think I would have gotten anywhere else."