the study of the kicking components within sports

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Kicker, Punter & Snapper News

 
Purchase of Golden Eagles accessories from Amazon helps support Kickology

January 26, 2015 - kicker Nick Madonia commits
"Centennial kicker Nick Madonia recently committed to play football for Tennessee Tech University. Madonia, a third-team All-Midstate selection, pledged with the Golden Eagles last week after taking an official visit to Cookeville.... Madonia, the grandson of legendary Overton football coach Nick Coutras, connected on 9 of 13 field goal attempts in 2014, including a season-long 52-yarder in the Cougars' Week 6 win over Mt. Juliet. The 5-foot-9, 172-pound senior also converted 47 of 49 extra-point attempts and averaged 35.4 yards on 41 punts, helping lead Centennial to a 10-3 record and the Class 6A quarterfinals. He also received interest from Western Kentucky and Ohio." - Tennessean

October 4, 2014 - John Arnold kicks game winner over Murray State
"As John Arnold nailed the third of his field goals — the final one in overtime for a 30-27 victory — Tech found a way to do something it hadn’t done since August 28. Win.... After Murray State kicker Carson Greifenkamp missed his field goal try in the first series of overtime, the Golden Eagles got to the two-yard line before Arnold got his try. The Racers tried to ice Arnold, but the redshirt freshman out of Father Ryan in Nashville wasn’t worried. 'The only thing I was thinking was get more repetitions,' Arnold said. 'Get more tries at swinging at it from that distance, more looks at it and just do what I do'.... It was a redemption situation for Arnold. 'He missed a field goal at Tennessee State that would have tied that game,' coach Brown said. 'He hit two big ones after he had tasted the negative.' Arnold said, 'There was a lot of pressure, but my teammates put me in the spot. They came up to me on the sidelines and would pump me up and get me focused. When I went out there, I didn’t have any more pressure on me because they got me calm-headed and smooth. Marty Jones, you can look into his eyes and he just radiates calmness and it just helped me settle down there'." - Herald Citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment