Excerpts from Brindza's profile page on the Fighting Irish's website:
2014 Senior Season
- Brindza hit a 32-yard field goal as time expired, and Notre Dame upset No. 22 LSU 31-28 in a Music City Bowl
- averaged 41.1 yards per punt in his first season of action in that role
- also handled all 75 of Notre Dame's kickoffs ... of his 75 kickoffs, 35 (46.7%) went for touchbacks
- made a career-high tying five field goals in the 29-16 victory over Rutgers in the 2013 New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Dec. 28) ... the five field goals equaled an NCAA bowl-game record
- helped seal the win over BYU (Nov. 23) with his 51-yard fourth quarter field goal, one of three made field goals on the day
- scored a season-high 13 points in the Shamrock Series win over Arizona State (Oct. 5), connecting on 3-of-4 field goals and four extra points ... one of his field goals against Arizona State broke a 27-27 tie with 3:03 to play
- hit a 53-yard field goal in that win over the No. 22 Sun Devils, matching Dave Reeve's 37-year old school record ... also recorded a season-high seven touchbacks against Arizona State
- kicked off 71 times for a combined total of 4,445 yards ... averaged 62.6 yards per kick ... recorded a touchback on 26 occasions
- his 23 made field goals surpassed the single-season school record previously held by John Carney (21, 1986)
- equaled school record with five made field goals in the 22-13 victory over USC (Nov. 24) ... registered 16 points (five field goals and one extra point) against USC, which ranks fourth ... belted a 52-yard field goal as time expired in the first half to give Notre Dame a 16-10 lead over USC ... the 52-yard field goal is tied with David Ruffer (vs. Maryland, 2011) for the second-longest in school history
- rebounded from a missed field goal to play an instrumental role in the victory over Pittsburgh (Nov. 3) ... made a 37-yard field goal to send the game into double overtime
- connected on a 22-yard field goal with 20 seconds left in regulation to tie the game with Stanford, 13-13, and send it into overtime
- stepped in for an injured Nick Tausch and connected on a pair of field goals in the victory over Purdue on Sept. 8 ... after missing his first career attempt, made field goals of 30 and 27 yards ... the 27-yard field goal came with seven seconds remaining in regulation and gave the Irish a 20-17 win.
- kicked off 71 times throughout the year, totaling 4,635 yards ... averaged 65.3 yards a kick ... forced opponents into 12 touchbacks
- Set Michigan state high school record with 19 made field goals as a senior in 2010, including six-of-nine from 50 yards or more
- averaged 43.2 yards per punt and 60 of 63 kickoffs resulted in touchbacks in 2010 while handling kicking and punting duties for Plymouth High School in Canton, Mich.
- played in Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Myrtle Beach, S.C. ...
- named first-team all-state kicker by Associated Press following senior season
- tabbed nation's best kicker by Scout.com and was rated sixth best by Rivals.com
- lost to Lake Orion in state finals 21-13, but recorded 70-yard punt (longest in Michigan playoff history) and booted 43-yard field goal (second longest in title game history) in the championship game
- averaged 48.2 yards per punt as a junior in 2009 to earn first-team Associated Press all-state honors as punter
- converted nine field goals, with a long of 45 yards, made 24 of 29 extra-point attempts and 25 of 43 kickoffs went for touchbacks in 2008
- in addition to football was starting goalkeeper for soccer team and threw shot put and discus for track and field team
2014: 14 of 24 (58.3%) FGs; 51 of 52 PATs; 93 points
2013: 20 of 26 (76.9%) FGs; 38 of 38 PATs; 98 points
2012: 23 of 31 (74.2%) FGs; 28 of 29 PATs; 97 points
Back in February at the NFL Scouting Combine, Brindza discussed his senior season and moving forward:
"It [game winner in Music City Bowl] felt like 1,000 pounds was taken off my shoulders. I was very confident and very still (mentally) in that moment....
As Blair Walsh has told me, you learn from your past. Learn from what you did your senior year and never do it again. ... That's how I'm going about it. I'm moving away from it, but still keeping it in the back of my head – understanding what (causes) a missed kick."